I will be arriving at Lima, Peru on May 11, and I’ll have 4 weeks to explore Peru and Bolivia before arriving at Buenos Aires, Argentina around June 11.
I hate doing too much planning because the best part of traveling for me is to have total freedom. But time is limited and I to ensure I hit all my must-see places, so here’s my rough plan for Peru and Bolivia:
– 2 days in Lima
– 2 days to visit Nasca, take plane to see the Nasca Lines, and make my way to Cusco.
– 2 days in Cuzco. Meet up with my friend Gerald who will hike to Machu Picchu with me.
– 7-day hike to Machu Picchu through the Salcantay Trail.
– 1 full day to explore Machu Picchu, including Huayna Picchu.
– 2 days in La Paz, Bolivia.
– 3-4 days to hike Choro Trek.
– 2 day visit to Potosi.
– 4 days to explore Salar De Uyuni.
– Enter Argentina through La Quiaca, and take bus to Buenos Aires.
I’ll stay in Buenos Aires for the duration of the World Cup (mid June to mid July). After that, I’ll have another 6 months in South America. I feel like I’m not doing Peru and Bolivia justice with this rushed itinerary, so I might make a return later in the year.
At Machu Picchu, I will re-take this picture I took almost 9 years ago.