This post is part of a series called Horn of Africa 2016Show More Posts
- Djibouti, And My First Experience in Africa
- Being a Celebrity in Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Somaliland’s Independence Day
- Cave Paintings Of Laas Geel
- From Scorching Hot Berbera to Cool Sheikh
- In Review: 5 Days of Backpacking in Somaliland
- Taking 13 Flights in 20 Days
- Asmara, And First Impressions of Eritrea
- Churches and Cemeteries in Asmara
- Massawa, And Testing The Limits of My Patience
- Caves, Canyons, And Ruins of Qohaito
- Riding a Historic Train in Asmara
- In Review: 7 Days of Traveling in Eritrea
After I considered buying a plane ticket and leaving the tour group (and Eritrea) early, things started to improve once we returned to Asmara. We actually started to do stuff instead of just waiting for things and drinking beer all the time.
We made a long drive to Qohaito,where we saw some amazing canyons and did a short hike to the Adi Alauti Cave, with its very nice wall paintings from around 5000 BC. There was also old tomb and some surviving columns of an ancient ruined structure.
On the way back we stopped by a small nearby town of Adi Keyh for lunch before making our way back to Asmara again.
Hello, beautiful blog and beautiful photos ! However, i noticed a mistake on this page and that is the caption of a couple of photos – it’s written ” Qohaito, Somalia ” instead of “Qohaito, Eritrea” .
Thanks for your kind words and for catching the mistake. I’ve fix the captions for those photos.